SPG HeadquartersArchitecture | 08 Aug 2017
THE EFFICIENT FAÇADE
The new Société Privée de Gérance’s headquarters (SPG), in Geneva, Switzerland, were designed by Giovanni Vaccarini Architetti and is highly efficient on what concerns energy.
The project adapted a pre-existing building, to which were added new floors and a new façade, and the focus was on the quality of the workspace. So, the building’s exterior is made of a layer of triple pan glass and of a fourth layer of glass which “contains the micro-punctured blinds to adjust natural lighting”. The façade is complete with perpendicular glass fins.
All this was made taking into account one of the project’s main requirements: that there was a good protection from the sunlight without spoiling the view “from the inside outwards”. At night, the façade is light up with white LEDs and becomes an “urban lamp”.
Photos: Adrien Buchet
- Produced by: The Piranesi Experience (www.piranesiexperience.com)
- In collaboration with: The Architecture Player (www.architectureplayer.com)
- Directed by: Claudio Esposito
- Photography: Fabio Paolucci
- Original soundtrack: Populous